Home Emergency Cover for Landlords

home emergency cover contractor

Picture this – it’s 11 o’clock at night, you’ve just finished watching the latest film release and are heading to bed when you’re startled by a phone call. It’s your tenant, they’ve had a complete breakdown of water supply and they don’t know what to do – this could be a case for home emergency cover!

Thankfully, you’re a plumber – so you grab your trusty tool kit, head out into the night and after a few hours of tinkering, you manage to solve the problem.

In the early hours of the morning you head home and go to bed. No sooner has your head hit the pillow when your alarm goes off and its time to get up for work. . But what if you are not a plumber and you, like many people, have forgotten the ancient art of DIY?

Well, worry no more! Home emergency cover is there to help take some of the stress out of the responsibilities of being a landlord.

What is Home Emergency Cover?

Home emergency cover does exactly what it says on the tin, whilst it doesn’t cover you if you’ve forgotten to get milk in (a very valid emergency!), it does cover you for the breakdown in your property’s essential household utilities. If something goes wrong with your property that could deem your house uninhabitable, this is where it kicks in.

With 24/7 365 days a year coverage, home emergency cover is there to help you out. If your tenant has an emergency, they can call the helpline and an approved contractor will be on the way.

So, imagine it’s Christmas day and you’re just sitting down to eat your dinner when suddenly your tenant’s boiler breaks down. With home emergencies included, your tenant can simply ring the helpline and you won’t be disturbed!

How do I get Home Emergency Cover?

Home emergency cover is included in our Rent on Time plan and provides you with:

  • 24/7 call out with UK call centres and immediate response
  • No Excess
  • Overnight accommodation for tenants if a problem can’t be fixed immediately

A few examples of the cover are:

  • Complete failure or breakdown of either the heating and/or hot water supply
  • Sudden failure of, or damage to, the plumbing and drainage system
  • Sudden and complete failure or breakdown of the electricity or gas supply

What is not included?

Unfortunately, it can’t include everything. Our cover doesn’t include:

  • Any claim arising within the first 14 days of the policy
  • Any claim in a property that has been unoccupied for more than 30 days

If you would like to discuss our home emergency cover, please contact a member of the landlord team on 0333 577 8888 or visit our website.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x