Receive your rent regardless of whether the tenant pays. Plus, legal expenses & home emergency cover included for peace of mind.
You are here
Landlord Home Emergency Cover
Our landlords are covered up to £500 per call-out for emergency repair costs at their rented homes.
- Reliable tradespeople
- Available 24/7
- Unlimited call outs
- No excess
- Peace of mind
Landlord Home Emergency Cover provides protection for costs incurred for any contractor carrying out emergency repairs during your tenancy.
This cover for rental properties is included in our Complete Plan (£99 a month) and is also available as an add-on to the Basic or Essential Plans. Give yourself total peace of mind - with up to £500 of cover for every incident and unlimited claims.
Whether it's a burst pipe, broken boiler, busted lock or even all three - you'll have a network of trade professionals ready to help. You or your tenant can call the emergency helpline any time of day, every day of the year - including Christmas Day.
- 24/7 emergency helpline for landlords and tenants
- No excess payment required
- Unlimited number of claims (up to £500 per claim including parts, labour and VAT)
- Calls answered with courtesy in a UK-based call centre
- Full UK coverage with thousands of tradespeople
Frequently asked questions
- Boiler systems over 15 years old, or with an output of more than 60 kilowatts.
- Any emergency in a property that has been unoccupied for more than 30 days.
- Failure of boilers or heaters that have not been maintained, inspected or serviced by a qualified person within the last 12 months.
- Any claims arising within the first 28 days of the policy start date.
Full details of what isn't covered can found in the Policy Wording Document.
Landlord Home Emergency Cover is for domestic emergencies only and is not a maintenance contract.
A domestic emergency is a situation that prevents your tenant from safely living in the property, such as having no heating, no access to water or being unable to secure the property.
You can claim £500 per incident - including parts, labour, material and VAT. Claims for alternative accommodation are capped at £100.
After checking your policy documents to ensure the incident is covered, you or your tenant can call the 24/7 landlord home emergency helpline. You will speak with a call navigator, who will ask for some details about the emergency and swiftly arrange for an expert tradesperson to visit your property.
Landlord Home Emergency Cover covers contractors for emergency repairs. This includes sudden failure or damage to plumbing, drainage, and heating systems, as well as gas and water utilities and electrical wiring.
It also includes pest control and infestation, roof damage caused by storms, and £100 towards alternative accommodation if the property becomes inhabitable.
The Landlord Home Emergency Cover will pay for a temporary repair in the event of:
- Burst pipes or sudden leakage which is likely to cause damage to the policyholder’s property or contents
- Complete heating or hot water failure
- Failure of any of the mains supplies of water, gas or electricity
- Blockage, breaking or flooding of drains or sewers
- Inoperable toilet where no other toilet is available in the policyholder’s property
- Failure of or damage to the property’s external locks, doors or windows which affects the security of the property
- Failure of the roofing, down-piping or guttering and water and damage being a likely result of such failure
- Infestation of pests
- Will cover permanent repair if more cost effective
+ £99 pmMore
Over 580 5-star reviews