What checks are included?
- Income Validation - This is where our experienced referencing team will assess the likelihood that the salary matches the type of employment i.e. a nurse is unlikely going to be on £100,000 per year. Any anomalies would be investigated.
- Affordability Calculation - The tenant salary should be in the region of 30 times the monthly rent. This is a set calculation used to ascertain the tenants affordability taking into account other expenses associated with cost of living expenses.
- Voters Roll check - The tenant is checked against the voters register for all addresses supplied within the last 6 years.
- Public information check - for CCJs, Bankruptcy and voluntary arrangements
- Fraud Potential - Based on the information supplied by the tenant as well as the background checks, the tenant will be issues a fraud potential score.
- Confirmation of declared income - where the Tenant is employed, self-employed or retired, their income will be validated by contacting either the employer or accountant in the case of self-employment.
- Previous landlord is contacted to establish whether there were payment issues or if any dilapidation was recorded.