Use WINTER100 for £100 off all plans

All products and services

Gas Safety Certificate

A Gas Safety Certificate is a legal requirement for all rental properties, to be issued every 12 months by a GasSafe engineer.

from 89 inc VAT

GasSafe engineers

Legally required

Valid 12 months

Add boiler service

Digital certificates

A legal requirement

Every rental property with a gas supply must have a valid Gas Safety Certificate (also known as a Gas Safety Record or CP12) issued every 12 months.

This is part of your duty of care, and involves a full inspection of your gas fittings and appliances, to ensure there are no risks to your tenant.

A GasSafe certified engineer will conduct a professional inspection of your property, then provide you with your Gas Safety Certificate.

What is a landlord Gas Safety certificate?

Common questions

Can't find what you're looking for?
Visit our Help Centre.

After ordering your Gas Safety Record, our suppliers will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your inspection. Once the inspection has been carried out, will email you a copy of your Gas Safety Record directly.

Learn more about gas safety records: Gas Safety Check Regulations 2022

Tenants must be shown a copy of the Gas Safety Record before their tenancy begins. When the tenancy agreement is sent to the tenant for signature, they will also be provided with a digital copy of the Gas Safety Record, along with other legally required documents.

If you renew your Gas Safety Record whilst your tenant is in situ, you should provide them with the latest copy within 28 days of the inspection. Gas Safety Records and other legal documents can be found in the Documents section of the dashboard.

Our engineers will carry out a gas safety inspection of up to three gas appliances. This typically includes the gas boiler, gas hob and/or gas fireplace. Additional appliances can be added if needed.

Your engineer will carry out visual checks and physical tests of the systems, including ventilation, flue flows, meters and pressure vessels. Any remedial work required is not included in the gas safety inspection.

Landlords must renew their Gas Safety Record every year. Although they are valid for 12 months, landlords can get a new Gas Safety Record two months earlier than the expiration date and it will still be valid for the entire annual period.

For example, if your last Gas Safety Record was issued on 1st June 2021, you can organise your gas safety inspection on any date between 1st April and 1st June 2022 and no time will be lost. Your new expiration date would be 1st June 2023, regardless of when the certificate was issued within this two-month period. will send you an email reminder when your Gas Safety Record is due for renewal. To ensure you get your certificate in time, we recommend booking your inspection as early as possible.

Our network of engineers are fully qualified and Gas Safe registered. You should always confirm that any engineer entering your property is listed on the Gas Safe Register. To do this, you can ask to see their Gas Safe ID card when they arrive.

You might also like

Check-Out Inspection
  • Recommended at end of tenancy
  • Accredited inventory clerks
  • Useful in potential deposit disputes

from £99 Inc VAT

Home Emergency Cover
  • 24/7 emergency helpline
  • Up to five callouts per policy year
  • No excess payment

from £240 Inc VAT

Property Inventory
  • Essential for deposit disputes
  • Photos, readings and smoke alarms
  • Accredited inventory clerks

from £99 Inc VAT

Back to the top