Here at Lettingaproperty.com, we’re putting a spring into our step as we head closer to the summer months…and with some exciting new announcements – like entering the Welsh rental market.
But before we go any further… did you know:
- There’s enough plastic in the ocean to circle the Earth 400 times.
- Approximately one truckload of plastic enters the ocean every single minute.
- Fish and other marine life can’t tell the difference between plastic and food. If the animal eats plastic, they can’t digest it. The plastic fills their stomachs, so they starve to death.
Tough reading, we know and it’s exactly why we want to do something about it.
Limbering up to support a great cause!
This July, all of our team will be swapping their trainers for trekking boots and our coffees for coconut water (it’s good for hydration!) when we embark on the Welsh Three Peaks Challenge in aid of the Marine Conservation Society to support the Wonderful Welsh Seas.
We are raising money for the Marine Conservation Society – a UK charity dedicated to protecting our seas, shores and wildlife! Please support us here – any donations are much appreciated!
If you’ve been with us for more than three years you may recall that we we did a similar walk in Yorkshire in 2016 and raised £1500 for Help for Heroes. We felt amazing doing this, it was great for our team morale and we were delighted to have given back to a great charity.
Over the course of the next few months, you’ll be seeing some regular updates from us, our training wins (and fails) and how we’re getting on in the lead up to the big first day, on the 12th July.
Whilst we’d love any financial support you can offer us, we absolutely won’t expect this – just a few words of well wishes along the way would be great.
We Love Wales | Rydym wrth ein bodd â Chymru
We’re pleased to be entering a new period of growth for the business – our launch in to the Welsh rental market.
Following sustained levels of interest from Welsh landlords over the years – and their appetite to use our service to support them with their properties – we made the decision at the beginning of the year to train our staff, apply for a licence and start in this new and growing market.
We’re now accredited with Rent Smart Wales, an initiative which launched in 2015 to ensure landlords and agents provide accurate and up-to-date information about themselves and their rental properties, and can’t wait to help more landlords and tenants.
Your move into the Welsh Market
If you’re considering becoming a landlord in Wales, here are a few points to note:
- It’s compulsory for landlords and agents to register with Rent Smart Wales and, if you’re managing the property yourself, have a licence. If not, you must use a licensed agent (that’s where lettingaproperty.com comes in).
- Landlords in Wales (and England) must comply with the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, which was introduced by the Housing Act 2004.
- Under the Welsh government’s Houses into Homes initiative property managers can apply for a loan to help them return their empty properties to use as rental accommodation.
Thanks for reading and be sure to check out our other blogs to find out more about us!