Landlord Home Emergency Cover assists landlords to fulfil their legal responsibilities in ensuring the supply of heat, water, sanitation and electrical supply.
Our Landlord Home Emergency Cover, which is included in our Rent on Time package, provides landlords with up to £500 of cover per claim should an emergency arise.
Assistance is available 24/7, 365 days a year from fully qualified tradesmen who are able to attend the property in the event of an insured emergency.
Why have Landlord Home Emergency Cover?
When the tenant is in a crisis and it's your responsibility to make a speedy repair, it’s sometimes hard to find a reliable tradesperson to fix the problem.
That’s where our landlord home emergency cover can help, offering a reliable service, fully qualified engineers and a speedy, helpful response.
Benefits of Landlord Home Emergency Cover
In addition to the above, our landlord home emergency cover includes:
- 365, 24/7 emergency helpline for landlords and tenants
- No excess payment required
- Unlimited number of claims (up to £500 per claim including parts, labour and VAT)
- Calls answered with courtesy in a UK based call centre
- Full UK coverage with thousands of trades people
- Covers boilers up to 15 years old and with an output of less than 60 kilowatts
What is covered under our Landlord Home Emergency Cover?
- Blockage, collapse or leakage of the water supply pipe
- Sudden and unexpected failure of or damage to the internal plumbing system, including escapes of water and fixed heating systems
- Sudden and unexpected failure of or damage to the drainage system
- Damage to the internal gas supply pipe following a gas leak
- Sudden and unexpected failure of your domestic central heating system due to mechanical or electrical failure or malfunction; Breakdown or failure of the permanent domestic electrical wiring system and its components
- An emergency relating to the security, roofing, pests or loss of keys
- If our approved engineer deems the cost of repair to exceed the cost of replacement, thus making the boiler beyond economic repair, a contribution of £250 towards replacing it is covered
Landlord Home Emergency Cover does not include
- Any claims arising within the first 28 days after the start date of your policy
- Boilers or heating systems over 15 years old or with an output of 60kw or more
- Any non-gas appliances, Elson tanks, separate gas heaters supplying hot water, LPG boilers and dual purpose boilers such as AGA’s and Rayburns
- Failure of boiler or heating systems that have not been maintained, inspected or serviced by a qualified person to a reasonable standard in the last 12 months and in line with manufacturer’s recommendations
- General maintenance such as descaling or power flushing
- Claims relating to cesspits, septic tanks, vacuum drainage systems or electric pumps
- Pipes outside the boundary of your home
- Reinstatement costs relating to the original surface or construction of a drive, path, decking or any other surface which is excavated as part of a claim
What happens in the event of a home emergency?
We've teamed up with Intana Assist to provide swift and effective landlord home emergency cover when a domestic emergency occurs.
Usually a temporary repair will be carried out unless a permanent repair is more economical.
You should still carry out or arrange for normal continuous maintenance of your property and on the systems servicing the property and you must take all reasonable steps to avoid or minimise any claim.
All boilers should be serviced no later than every 12 months and a copy of the service documentation will be required in the event of a claim.
Should you wish to report an emergency under this policy, the number to call is 0333 241 3365 and you should state the rental property address.
More on our Rent on Time package
Please note that this Landlord Home Emergency Cover is not a Maintenance or Repair Contract