Landlord Home Emergency Cover assists landlords to fulfil their legal responsibilities in ensuring the supply of heat, water, sanitation and electrical supply.
Our Landlord Home Emergency Cover, which is included in our Rent on Time package, provides landlords with up to £500 of cover per claim should an emergency arise.
Assistance is available 24/7, 365 days a year from fully qualified tradesmen who are able to attend the property in the event of an insured emergency.
Why have Landlord Home Emergency Cover?
When the tenant is in a crisis and it's your responsibility to make a speedy repair, it’s sometimes hard to find a reliable tradesperson to fix the problem.
That’s where our landlord home emergency cover can help, offering a reliable service, fully qualified engineers and a speedy, helpful response.
What's included in Landlord Home Emergency Cover?
Unlike other policies, our Landlord Home Emergency Cover is not just restricted to burst pipes or blocked drains.
Further home emergencies are covered such as;
- Complete electrical breakdown or gas supply within your rental property
- Vermin infestation and
- Damage caused to external locks, doors or windows which render the property insecure.
Benefits of Landlord Home Emergency Cover
In addition to the above, our landlord home emergency cover includes:
- 365, 24/7 emergency helpline for landlords and tenants
- No excess payment required
- Unlimited number of claims (up to £500 per claim including parts, labour and VAT)
- Calls answered with courtesy in a UK based call centre
- Full UK coverage with thousands of trades people
- Covers boilers up to 15 years old and with an output of less than 60 kilowatts
What is covered under our Landlord Home Emergency Cover?
- Bursting or sudden leakage or damage to the plumbing and drainage system which will result in internal water damage - includes leaking pipes, blocked drains, water tanks, blockages in toilet waste pipes (if there is only one toilet in the property) or leaking radiators
- Electrical/Gas Supply – the sudden, unexpected failure or breakdown of the electricity, or gas supply
- Failure of your primary central heating system involving a boiler or warm air unit
- Pest infestation including Brown Rats, Black Rats, House Mice, Field Mice, Wasp Nests, Hornet Nests within your property
- Security and glazing, the sudden or unexpected failure of, or damage caused to external locks, doors or windows which compromises the security of your property
- Damage to the roof of your property caused by storm, or fallen trees or branches causing ingress of water
Landlord Home Emergency Cover does not include
- Any claims arising within the first 14 days after the start date of your policy
- Boilers or heating systems over 15 years old or with an output of 60kw or more
- Failure of boiler or heating systems that have not been maintained, inspected or serviced by a qualified person to a reasonable standard in the last 12 months
- Cover for commercial properties
- Where a property has more than one heating system or boiler unless this has been referred to us and the appropriate premium has been paid
What happens in the event of a home emergency?
We've teamed up with Intana Assist to provide swift and effective landlord home emergency cover when a domestic emergency occurs.
Usually a temporary repair will be carried out unless a permanent repair is more economical.
You should still carry out or arrange for normal continuous maintenance of your property and on the systems servicing the property and you must take all reasonable steps to avoid or minimise any claim.
All boilers should be serviced no later than every 12 months and a copy of the service documentation will be required in the event of a claim.
More on our Rent on Time package
Please note that this Landlord Home Emergency Cover is not a Maintenance or Repair Contract