You are here

Gas Safety Certificate

Gas Safety Certificate by nationwide GasSafe registered engineers

Gas Safety Certificate by nationwide GasSafe registered engineers
price from
Gas Engineer in front of boiler carrying out gas safety certificate for landlord.

A Gas Safety Certificate (also known as a CP12) is a legal requirement when renting out a property which has a gas supply to an appliance or the heating system is fired by gas.  Gas safety certificates and inspections must be carried out by competent gas engineers that are GasSafe registered.

How long is the Gas Safety Certificate valid?

The Gas Safety Certificate is to be renewed every 12 months.  The renewal must be carried out by a GasSafe registeerd engineer following a visit to the property.

Gas Safety Certificate regulations

The Gas Safety Regulations 1998 place a statutory duty on all Landlords of residential property to ensure that all gas appliances, pipe work and flues are maintained in a safe condition.

Landlords are bound to certain legal regulations when it comes to gas safety. A landlords’ legal duties apply to a wide range of accommodation including:

  • Residential properties that are let by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, housing co-operatives, hostels
  • Rooms let in bed-sit accommodation, private households, bed and breakfast accommodation and hotels
  • Rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and narrow boats on inland waterways

A landlord must also provide each tenant with a copy of the gas safety certificate when they check in.  Never should a landlord check in a tenant without a gas safety certificate.  You may be endangering somebody else’s life.

Regulations were updated as from 1st January 2013.  The whole flue must be visible for inspection and if it is not the engineer will not issue a gas safety certificate and will turn off the boiler until the issue is rectified.  This can mean inspection hatches need to be fitted in ceilings or walls where the flue is hidden.

Order a Gas Safety Certificate online

i.e. cooker, fireplace, boiler
with postcode

Have you considered these:

Energy Performance Certificate

An Energy Performance Certificate or EPC, is produced by a qualified Energy Assessor after an energy assessment at the property. Order your EPC online today.


Very easy process.


The response to my emails has been very quick and fully answered with professional ease.

Fantastic service


Fantastic service, very helpful and efficient ! Would highly recommend !

Good service and fair.


Good service and fair. We had a chat with the consultant to ensure we met the criteria before we went ahead with the referencing process to avoid loss of funds. They are very quick and do not keep you waiting for long.