You are here

Do I need an Energy Performance Certificate?

Any property in England, Scotland or Wales that is either being built, marketed for sale or let as an entire property requires an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). 

Since the 1st of October 2008, landlords letting whole properties in the UK must have a valid Energy Performance Certificate of 'E' or above available to prospective tenants.

Energy Performance Certificates are valid for ten years. After this time, landlords are only required to get a new EPC if they are reletting to a new tenant.