Lettingaproperty.com is the smarter way to find tenants without having to go through High Street agents. You could save on average £1,900 in fees and reach millions of potential tenants by appearing on the UK’s biggest property websites. It’s hassle free, quick (ads are online within 24 hours) and you can choose the level of [...]
We will be glued to the TV tonight as we learn of actor Nigel Havers’ ordeal of how he was cheated out of money by a ‘rogue high street letting agent’. Also revealed will be the staggering thought of how millions of tenants could also be falling victim to these unscrupulous practices. According to sources [...]
According to a recent article, “Private landlords will be responsible for checking the immigration status of potential tenants. Fines could run into the thousands of pounds for those breaking the law.” The Queen’s Speech, which sets out the legislative programme for 2013 / 14, is expected to contain more than a dozen parliamentary Bills and [...]
“We support good landlords” Senior officers of the city council have been in discussions with the West Midlands Regional Representative of the National Landlords Association (NLA) since 2011 when HMO licences were about to come up for renewal but it was not until the NLA proposed a radical new approach to the fee structure that [...]
Cash strapped Councils have found a new way to raise funds from HMO Property investors and landlords!
At a time when all local authorities are looking at “creative” ways to increase their income, landlords are seen as fair game and the hunting season is in full swing. “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.” ― Thomas Jefferson Three local [...]
“Romney shot himself in the foot this week, then re-loaded, and shot the other foot” – Affan Chowdhry Most universities were built before most of us were born and, just like Airports, it is fairly safe to say if you buy your home close to one of them there is the potential for it to [...]
According to the latest insight report from Rightmove.co.uk, “97% of tenants are searching Rightmove.co.uk for property verses just 37% for local newspapers”. There is no better time than the present for landlords letting a property. And now there is a way to let a property that is ultimately cheaper, faster, offers maximum exposure and puts [...]
Until now landlords have had two choices to make when protecting their tenants deposits: To hold the funds in their own bank accounts and pay an Insurance Premium to cover the cost of potential arbitration in the event of a dispute at the end of the tenancy and to cover the cost of running the [...]
Landlords have started to ask us this question given a spike in recent media interest on the subject. Government bodies, Associations, Charity organisations, Letting Agents and even Landlords like you are all making their opinions heard. A recent email received from a prospective Landlord wanting to use our services said…. “There are other online letting [...]
Having arranged well over 1000 rental viewings thus far in 2013, Melissa, who is in charge of dealing with Tenant enquiries at lettingaproperty.com, shares her top 10 tips for Tenants looking to take on a new rental property:- Before starting your rental search, set up an email address that is non-offensive i.e. your firstname.surname@…com. Avoid [...]
- Landlords, protect your pipes from freezing December 18, 2008
- Landlords Please don’t be a victim of changes to Tenancy Deposit Protection Legislation December 19, 2012
- Is a tenancy agreement legally binding if it is not in writing? June 10, 2011
- Tenants on Housing Benefit are turning to Private Landlords September 2, 2011
- Office of Fair Trading welcomes ruling over unfair Foxtons terms July 14, 2009
- Smarter Letting Online – The message to NLA members in May / June’s edition of UKLandlord magazine! May 16, 2013
- BBC Watchdog Report – Actor Nigel Havers cheated by high street letting agent May 15, 2013
- Queens Speech to outline Landlord’s responsibilities with illegal immigrant tenants May 8, 2013
- Birmingham City Council have sent a strong message to landlords who let in the city. April 29, 2013
- Cash strapped Councils have found a new way to raise funds from HMO Property investors and landlords! April 22, 2013
- Mikey: Looking good folks! Nice use of graphics :)...
- Letting a Property: Michelle, Thank you for your question. If yo...
- michelle magnus: Can you please advise me, if I have a long term, r...
- Letting a Property: Hi C Giles, a good idea keeping a “next of kin” co...
- Edna M: This is ridiculous. what next?...