Research shows that 1 in 3 enquiries will be generated from a To Let board! Here we see the new styled To Let boards outside student accommodation in Canterbury. The To Let boards were ordered on Monday and by Thursday morning, they were standing proud outside the properties – ready to attract interest from passers [...]
From 01 May 2013 it became a legal requirement for landlords to provide new tenants with a Tenant Information Pack when setting up an Assured or Short Assured Tenancy in Scotland. This replaces the Repairing Standard Letter (information about the repairing standard is included in the pack). Landlords who provide an assured or short assured [...]
An important decision has been taken at the Court of Appeal on 23 April 2013 which has alleviated industry concerns about whether a precedent would be set by any up front rental payments being classified as security deposits and thus needing to be protected under TDP legislation. A history of the case in brief: Mrs [...]
Will you Survive the Mayhem? Mary Latham, experienced Landlord shares her concerns for the future of the Private Rented Sector
A huge congratulations goes out to our industry peer and friend, Mary Latham, for publishing her first book aimed at helping UK landlords and investors – ‘Will You Survive The Mayhem?’ Mary, a Landlord herself with over 40 years experience, shares some of her concerns as to the future for private landlords and UK investors [...]
Local authorities are shooting themselves in the foot – because their staff don’t talk to each other. I was with a local authority recently and we were talking about their need for more small, affordable homes – HMO’s. People who earn modest incomes in the area often have to live some distance away and travel [...]
Lettingaproperty.com is the smarter way to find tenants without having to go through High Street agents. You could save on average £1,900 in fees and reach millions of potential tenants by appearing on the UK’s biggest property websites. It’s hassle free, quick (ads are online within 24 hours) and you can choose the level of [...]
We will be glued to the TV tonight as we learn of actor Nigel Havers’ ordeal of how he was cheated out of money by a ‘rogue high street letting agent’. Also revealed will be the staggering thought of how millions of tenants could also be falling victim to these unscrupulous practices. According to sources [...]
According to a recent article, “Private landlords will be responsible for checking the immigration status of potential tenants. Fines could run into the thousands of pounds for those breaking the law.” The Queen’s Speech, which sets out the legislative programme for 2013 / 14, is expected to contain more than a dozen parliamentary Bills and [...]
“We support good landlords” Senior officers of the city council have been in discussions with the West Midlands Regional Representative of the National Landlords Association (NLA) since 2011 when HMO licences were about to come up for renewal but it was not until the NLA proposed a radical new approach to the fee structure that [...]
Cash strapped Councils have found a new way to raise funds from HMO Property investors and landlords!
At a time when all local authorities are looking at “creative” ways to increase their income, landlords are seen as fair game and the hunting season is in full swing. “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.” ― Thomas Jefferson Three local [...]
- Landlords, protect your pipes from freezing December 18, 2008
- Landlords Please don’t be a victim of changes to Tenancy Deposit Protection Legislation December 19, 2012
- Is a tenancy agreement legally binding if it is not in writing? June 10, 2011
- Office of Fair Trading welcomes ruling over unfair Foxtons terms July 14, 2009
- Tenants on Housing Benefit are turning to Private Landlords September 2, 2011
- Agent ‘To Let’ Boards attract 1 in 3 tenant enquiries! June 12, 2013
- Landlords in Scotland now required to provide Tenant Information Packs May 31, 2013
- Taking rent in advance does not constitute a security deposit – (Johnson vs Old) May 31, 2013
- Will you Survive the Mayhem? Mary Latham, experienced Landlord shares her concerns for the future of the Private Rented Sector May 29, 2013
- Local authorities are shooting themselves in the foot! May 28, 2013
- Tony: ROCU Tradehas been serving the worldwide market si...
- Mikey: Looking good folks! Nice use of graphics :)...
- Letting a Property: Michelle, Thank you for your question. If yo...
- michelle magnus: Can you please advise me, if I have a long term, r...
- Letting a Property: Hi C Giles, a good idea keeping a “next of kin” co...